Both men's fight purses for being a part of such a historic event have already been announced. Diaz earned $250,000 for his participation in the five-round fight, according to MMA journalist Trent Reinsmith. Edwards took home $100,000.
The UFC paid out both men equally. The total payout for the event was $1 million. With these numbers it can be calculated that each man made $200,000 for this fight.
Nate Diaz is one of the most successful fighters on social media. He has over 2.9 million followers on Twitter and almost 740,000 likes on Facebook.
Nate Diaz has also appeared in several mainstream movies. These include Filly Brown and Paper Man. He has also worked as a host on various TV shows including The Ultimate Fighter Latin America and The Ultimate Fighter Brazil. In 2015, Diaz was ranked number 10 in ESPN's list of the top 10 fighter paychecks. He made $160,000 for this appearance.
Nate Diaz has also owned and operated his own fighting team since 2013. This team is called the Black House Fighting Team and they focus only on professional wrestling trainees. The team has trained over 100 people and has helped them get signed by major promotions around the world.
Diaz has also invested his money in real estate.
His professional MMA career began in 2001, when he was 18 years old. He is fighting from Stockton, California, in the United States of America. Recorded by Nick Diaz.
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Salary||$2 million per match|
|Luxury Cars Owned||0|
|Property||Not of a very high cost|
With a buyrate of 1.65 million, this event was the most purchased UFC pay-per-view of all time until UFC 229 (which also featured McGregor in the main fight) shattered the record with 2.4 million... UFC 202.
|UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2|
The Mexican-American boxer has a $10 million net worth. Garcia has reportedly received up to $250,000 in prize money following his bout against (Romero Duno). In 2020, he was given a maximum of $500,000 in purse money as well as a part of the pay-per-view earnings. His annual salary is estimated at $1 million.
Garcia started boxing at the age of 17. He became one of the most successful boxers in history, with only two other men having more wins: George Foreman and Joe Louis. As of October 2019, he has a record of 46-2-1 with 41 KOs across his career. He is currently ranked number four in the world by BoxRec.
In 2014, Garcia filed for bankruptcy after missing out on big fights due to injuries. At the time, he owed $812,000 to creditors. The following year, he signed a contract with ESPN that will make him one of the highest-paid athletes in the network's history. Under the deal, which runs through 2024, he will receive $150,000 per fight in addition to a percentage of the revenue generated from his bouts. If he wins, he keeps all of the money; if he loses, he forfeits his share of the revenue.
Garcia was born on January 4th, 1992 in Laredo, Texas. His mother is Mexican while his father is American.
Cerrone, who will fight on the undercard, will get a base salary of $200,000. Cerrone's most recent announced salary was $155,000 in a defeat to Robbie Lawler at UFC 214 in July 2017. He had earned $100,000 for his title loss.
The remainder of the money comes from sponsorship deals and other ancillary income such as merchandising and media rights. Estimates for how much these sources of income vary but most range between $250,000 and $500,000 per year.
When it comes to ownership interests, Cerrone is represented by both the UFC and Bellator MMA. The former owns 70 percent of Cerrone while the latter owns the remaining 30 percent. It should be noted that although Cerrone is signed with the UFC, he has the option to move over to Bellator if he gets a better deal there. In addition to fighting, Cerrone is also a coach on "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" and makes an appearance during each episode.
McGregor is the biggest name in combat sports and therefore commands the largest paycheck. However, this doesn't mean that he's worth the most money. If anything, it shows just how lucrative combat sports are because even after taking into account his losses, McGregor still comes out ahead.